In Your Own Language!

Thursday 18 October 2012

Reality or Fantasy?

I have been often termed as a dreamer. In fact, I have heard it so many times that these days it hardly matters. I often thought of penning down some facts about the world of a dreamer but somehow I always avoided writing it.

Recently, my uncle Bob has come from Mauritius to visit our family. He is my closest uncle, my mentor and also a clinical psychiatrist (having three doctorates from Harvard University). So, when I told him that I am applying to the top universities.

He told me “Sweetie! You are living in the dream world!”
It was similar to a blow. I was hurt!

Dreaming is my defense mechanism. It gives me the strength to fight reality.

I have seen enough reality; since my childhood, I have struggled through the dilemma of being a middle class dreamer, I have seen how some people are given things easily whereas others have to earn it, I have seen how the hard experiences of life breaks a person, I have seen how hard it is to survive in the existing struggle for more and more.

Reality is hard and when it pays a surprise visit, it just knocks the world of the host.
Dreaming is my sanity, my space. It is the drug that I need at the end of the day, it is the balm that helps me forget, not for long but for some time, the harsh reality that is yet to come.

So, I close my eyes and dream.....

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Lol:D Chillax and don't stop dreaming...It helps...

      Delete
  2. Being middle class is both a blessing and a curse. On one hand, you're glad that you could eat at least three times a day, that you could go to school, etc. At the same time, you feel powerless, you don't have that great influence that other people possess.

    But it's great to be in the middle. It means we could still climb up the ladder. We could still dream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the last part of your comment...that's one aspect of it...but the most important is that it makes a person strong...i have seen people who dream but they lack the courage to make it a reality...they are scared...i am so happy that atleast i don't have that vice...

    ReplyDelete