In Your Own Language!

Friday 19 October 2012

F-R-I-E-N-D-S

I first heard about her in class five, when someone said “She is crying again!”

Then, I first saw her in class six, she sat behind me. She and I had one thing in common, we both love “Shah Rukh Khan”.

Back then if someone would have told me that she will become my shadow, I would have laughed. To her, I was the most irritating, nayka (sissy) girl. But the one common thing (SRK) brought us together. During the lunch break, we often sang some of the tunes from Veer Zaara.

Over the years, life brought us together again and again. Still, I was unaware that she will become a part of my soul. Life has tested our friendship. We have often cried, we have often fought, we have often laughed. But nothing could batter the strong foundation of our friendship, our mutual trust and our mutual respect. We are just the opposite. She is frank, rational, emotional and I the impulsive, carefree dreamer.

I can never comprehend how we became friends. But at times, the answer is so obvious, she is the dose of reality that I need from time to time, she is the steady wind that propels me towards a better me. 

She is the only one from my past, who has stayed, who has accepted me for who I am, who has understood me before my explanation.

2 comments: