In Your Own Language!

Wednesday 31 October 2012

Give me a break!

There are some serious misconceptions regarding the day, 9th January, 2011, the day I fell down from my window, on the fourth floor, of my building. 

If you guys are thinking, I tried committed suicide. Well! No! I love my life too much to consider ending it. In fact, I have plans to travel the world, to see the Vatican, the pacific, the African forest. So, I am not dying anytime soon!

But people never stop talking. Even when they have no idea regarding the matter. During my accident, I learnt great many things about people. There are some who really cares. And there are some, not really "some", quite a "handful", who pretend to care only to stab me at the back.

I had my share of experiences with the later. Yesterday afternoon, my grandmother called my brother. I heard her shouting at my brother. So, I silently asked him to put the phone on loudspeaker. It was quite evident, she was angry with my brother. According to her, I am a wrong influence on him. What really broke the straw are her words “Don’t listen to your sister! She is mad! Otherwise, she would not have jumped from the fourth floor!”

After my accident, people have talked bad things about me. They have sometimes termed me as a loser, who tried to end her life. Sometimes they have called me mad! It mattered at first. There harsh cruel words were like thorns against my heart.  After a certain point, it did not matter. But, yesterday, when I heard those words from my grandmother, I was unknowingly hurt. I thought she trusted me enough to believe that I would never do something like that. But my only mistake was I trusted her way too much. At least, I got to know what she really thinks about me.

I could have shouted at her. She would have been startled. But, I remained quiet, knowing that no matter what I do, I can never change people's opinions of me.

2 comments:

  1. those are some tough things to hear...i love your attitude too...dont let all that affect you...take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ignorance is a bliss in disguise after all...
      How you doing?

      Delete