In Your Own Language!

Friday 5 October 2012

How do I face failure?

Recently I have started working in a NGO that paves a way for a better future of the orphans and the kids in the shelter homes. I have always loved teaching; it is something that I have been doing forever; it is my ray of hope during the bleak months of work pressure.

But that is not enough for me. I wanted to do something creative, something more than teaching. So I decided to apply for the mentor post. Between the huge load pressure of the upcoming SAT and fulfilling my dreams of going abroad, I gave it a fair try.

However, at the last minute I got to know that I have not been given the post. I felt defeated and sad. I was confident that I will get the post.

I never had a smooth life. I have seen people fulfilling their dreams without even trying hard for it, but my life has appraised, during every experience, my perseverance and courage.
I don't know why but this failure has affected me more than any other. This rejection was not only me not getting the mentor post but also a powerful slap on my skills as a teacher.
I am having a foreboding feeling that I have failed myself.

This huge burden of worthlessness has infiltrated each and every corner of my heart; since then it is ruthlessly playing with my peace of mind.
And I am rendered helpless by its merciless cruelty.

2 comments:

  1. dnt take it so hard...i have been trying to publish my novel for 3 years...i tried making a complex short film but failed but made another which also face quite some hiccups...tried 3 functions bit in the 4th staged my 2 creations so dnt give up...best of luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are a fighter...I must say...I too had my fair share of failure...but this one just hit me hard...probably because I am attached to teaching more than I thought...

      Delete