In Your Own Language!

Friday 12 October 2012

Putting on Weight!

I never had a perfect zero figure but that hardly mattered; I was happy the way I was. After the accident, the two things that I miss the most are my old dresses and my old self. 

Previously, I was a carefree girl with sparkling eyes, who was never scared. But lately, the later part has become more prevalent. Moreover, I have gained weight. I can no longer touch the beautiful dresses in my cupboard. Every morning as I prepare myself for my tuition or some other appointments, I face these sudden bouts of frustrations and self loathing.

Putting on weight has affected me more deeply than I ever expected; it has crushed my most priced self confidence. Sometimes, when I feel drawn to someone, the questions “What if he snaps the conversation after finding out I am fat?” “What if my heart gets broken in the way?” cloud my mind and overwhelm me.
Only yesterday, I remember telling my friend “It is better to be committed to my blog than be committed to a boy; at least my blog won’t fail me!”

2 comments:

  1. If your weight changes a person's interest in you then that person isn't worth your time anyway. What is inside of you is what will carry through the ages and so that's what should matter. The fact is we all age, we all gain weight, and we all eventually lose our youthful beauty - if he cares about your weight to the point that he loses interest, he wasn't worth your time to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks sass for leaving behind your thoughtful comment...it's encouraging...btw i am right now fixed on losing weight...so hopefully..things will get better...

      Delete