In Your Own Language!

Friday 23 November 2012

The World needs more Love Letters!

It’s easy to proclaim declarations: “I hate you” “Life is cruel” “How can life be so cruel?” “Why am I the unfortunate one?”

It’s easy to give all the above dramatic declarations but hard to take time and contemplate on them. Think for some time! When life gives us the best of things, we never for once think, Life is Cruel! During those happy moments, Life becomes our best buddy! But, the next day, if something bad happens, we curse Life. 

Whereas we know that failures and triumphs are the two sides of the same coin.
All the above  hurtful declarations, the anger, the wrath, which we feel, because of a stupid fight, an unexpected failure, all boils down to our Ego, the destroyer, the taker, the arrogant fool.

There are two sides to our personality, one side ruled by our conscience and the other ruled by our ego. Whenever, there is a fight or a failure, the Ego always feels defeated and craves vengeance. During a misfortune, it’s not we who get hurt but our Ego, the sadistic dog, which then propels us to do silly histrionics. The wars that are raging all over the world, the fight for a piece of land, for power, for money, it’s all because of our ego. Because he has taken my land, I have to get it back, by all means. Oh my god, he scored more than me, I have to defeat him in the next test. You hit me, man! I am going to hit you too! Recognize this! Well! These stupid ramblings are Ego talking.

All that world craves now is money and power: One country fights another for a piece of land, a son leaves his parents in an old age home to live his own dream, the abnormal increase in the number of divorce cases, the unnecessary estrangements. These are all indications, signs of the unfulfilled life we all are living, a life devoid of love, friendship and warmth. When once the companionship of a friend was important, now Ego has taken preference.

There are so many existing problems in this world. Do we really want to add some more? I know forgiving is one of the hardest things but it’s also one of the easiest thing. It’s all about the courage, it’s all about the love that we had for those people who broke our heart. The truth is we still love them. The hatred that we feel is the living evidence.

We all have love in our heart, then why aren’t we making an effort to show that. Why do we always have to fight, to struggle for things that are there today but may not be there tomorrow? We hardly pay attention to the things that we have, the beautiful relationships, nature, we as an individual. It’s time to love, to build and to make time for the things that matters. Some things will remain with us forever, the love we have for each other, the lasting relationship we have been gifted. These things were our past, these things are our present, these things will be our future.

It’s very easy to hate, to feel anger. I had my share of experience. But it takes courage, real courage to forgive and to move on. And I think it’s worth fighting! Otherwise, it will be an insult to all those wonderful memories we had with those people.



2 comments:

  1. I love the positivism in this piece ... very beautifully said ... Thanks for visiting my blog ... I am glad you liked it ... I am following your blog now ... do keep in touch :-)

    ReplyDelete