In Your Own Language!

Friday 2 November 2012

Mother...&...Durga Puja!!

Every year, as the year starts, I ardently wish for autumn, the season that brings the Durga puja. There is a special connection between me and the Durga puja: it binds me and my mother together and makes us a team, which seldom happens throughout the year (she can be a bit (not really) highly dogmatic at times! Sigh!).

My mother, in all sense, is a culture freak. During my childhood days, she put me into a culture school, where I had to learn music, recitation, art and dance. Those classes were quite a burden for me because I had no clue why my mother (all of a sudden) was forcing me to take those classes.

But as time passed, as I got to know myself, I figured out that those classes were my mother’s legacies, her gift to me. She wanted me to have a part of herself, to learn the values she has gathered over the years.

After all these years, as I stand in my early years of adulthood, I know with certainty that no matter where I stay, no matter where I go, her gift will give me the strength to fight, to endure and, after all is over, to come back home, to her.

2 comments: