In Your Own Language!

Sunday 4 November 2012

Sparks...!

Few weeks back, I had a huge fight with my Mama (Uncle). He openly insulted me and I did not think twice before hitting him back with my bitter words. Since then, we don’t talk.

In my post Give me a break!, I mentioned about my grandmother’s opinions about me. But I did not mention the reasons for her disappointments. She wants me to apologise to my uncle. In her words “Your uncle has done so much for you all! Is this how you pay him back?”

I clearly remember his words, they were like a knife cutting against my skin, the scars not only deep but permanent.

I don’t know whether I can ever forgive him. In time, even if I do, I won’t be able to trust him, my conscience will never allow.

How can she? When all she wanted him to do is support her, to see her through her eyes, he deliberately ignored her and made her feel small and crazy.

2 comments:

  1. You know I would take a punch in the lip over a harsh word any day of the week. Cuts and bruises heal - words can last a very long time.

    You seem like a lovely woman - my guess is that whatever he said to hurt you, though it may have seemed aimed at you, really wasn't. People lash out when they've experienced pain in their own lives.

    I hope you're able to resolve it because having problems in the family can be very stressful - with that said though, trust your gut. No matter what anyone else thinks or says, only you know how you feel, and what you can sanely tolerate.

    My best wishes for you and your family. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I will forgive him in time....But not just yet..he said hell lot of things to me...He even tried to disgrace me in front of my mother...That's what made me mad! I could have tolerated any thing but not that!
      Sigh!
      Thanks for you thoughtful note, Sass! take care<3

      Delete