In Your Own Language!

Friday 28 September 2012

Love comes with a demand...!

Presently, Kolkata is vibrating with the thrill of the upcoming Durga Puja. The fragrance of the ever-lasting Shiuli phool permeates through the whole of Kolkata. Shops are full of new clothes and shoppers can’t wait to update their wardrobe.

I, sitting in my room, am lost in my loneliness. It has become like a fire that has spread through all cells of my body, almost ready to engulf me totally.  
Few years back, by this time, my hands were full of shopping bags and my organiser was filled with “To do during the puja” list.

But that was me in past; me in a different time.

I have changed. The realities of life have changed me. The beauty of the city of joy, Kolkata, has died in front of my eyes; though the reason is unknown to me. When all the pretences, like addas, Paro Ninda Paro Charcha (P.N.P.C.), phuchkka treat, Durga Puja, of Kolkata are removed, I see a city which is hugging tightly the trends set by the forefathers of the bygone age; a city which has become stagnant; a city not ready to welcome a change.

Yesterday, I tried I really tried to talk to my mother, thinking of making her see the world from my eyes.

Alas! I have yet again been proved wrong. After all, there is no point in talking to a stone, Right?

My mother told me “I am doing everything that you wanted! I am giving you the things that you desire! Can’t you do this little thing for me?”

She has been doing this since forever; whenever, I thought of doing something differently, she stopped talking to me. I should have been indifferent but sadly, I was affected. Her words, like a thorn, pierced my heart. She made me realize that love comes with a price.

This illumination shattered my illusions and made me realize that nothing comes free.

I told myself “I am fine! I don’t need her!”

But my weak heart failed me; its only weakness being that it loves her too much, much more than she can ever imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment