In Your Own Language!

Saturday 15 September 2012

Bedazzled by the Message of the movie “Barfi!”

I am not much into bollywood films. As most of them lack substance; either they are about some love story or about the monstrous portrayal of misplaced comedy. The last movie that I actually enjoyed and loved is “Three Idiots”. The movie talks about the ingrained desires of the Indian parents that they try to force on their children; the movie was simple but it had a powerful message.

Recently, there is a hype about an upcoming movie, BARFI!. It released yesterday. This morning as I opened my Facebook account, I saw that my news feeds are filled with BARFI reviews.
As I am a religious Wiki fan, I immediately went to the Wikipedia to read the plot summary. While reading, I came by an interesting note that says:

 A heart-warming tale of selfless love and about finding happiness in the smallest things in life; that tells you no matter how tough your life may be, “Don't Worry, be Barfi!””

I wondered “Is it really this easy to find happiness?”

The simplicity of the message and the uniqueness of the title intrigued me. Though my SAT exam is approaching, I have decided to re-organise my memo and give this movie a try.

I hope I won’t be let down! (Fingers crossedJ)

No comments:

Post a Comment