In Your Own Language!

Sunday 16 December 2012

In her depth, I found peace....

I have always felt the happiest, among my plants, in my terrace. It is one of those places, where I can finally be myself, with no one to order, no one to disturb, just me and my thoughts. I till the soil, mix the manure, trim the plants. It is a welcome pain, It makes me feel alive and close to Nature, who accepted me without my explanations.

During my youthful days, in one of those idyllic afternoons, I fell in love, with my grandmother’s garden. I looked around thunderstruck with appreciation for nature and her abundance. It was instantaneous and lasting. Later, I remember telling my grandmother “Dida, Please leave the garden to me as a part of your legacy.”

She agreed.

In my childhood exuberance, I forgot, things don’t last forever, no matter how much we want them to. Soon came a day, when I did the hardest thing, I bid adieu to the place, where I have felt the happiest. Time and again, my mind wonders to that distant garden, the images blurred due to age and questions like “who inhibits that place now? Who enjoys the same day to day thrill that I have once felt?” creates a momentary riot in my head.


7 comments:

  1. gave me a vivid memory of d hours i spent planting jasmine saplings in my granpa's garden...n tended to each one as if they were my own kids... :') beautiful imagery ur writing has...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The feeling is mutual re...nature has this motherly calm and beauty that melts the heart<3
      I soo miss those days re...

      Delete
  2. I love your narrations ... they have so much going on with them :-)

    PS: Is your net issue resolved? Do you use BSNL?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D
      NOpe, I use Reliance...Some of my friends were complaining...My net problem lasted for about 15 minutes...I thought the operators have disconnected the line...Forgot to pay the bill...But then checkd after about 10 minutes...it worked...

      Delete
    2. Ok .... My BSNL is still giving probs :-(

      Delete
    3. Sad to here that!! What did the operators say?

      Delete
    4. They said they will need to change the wires ... now God knows when that will happen !!!

      Delete