In Your Own Language!

Wednesday 11 December 2013

Today....I Ran!

I ran today. After three years of telling people that I have forgotten to run, of fearing whether I will ever run again, of feeling like a handicapped. I ran.

When my trainer asked me to run, I gave him an odd look. I told him I have forgotten to run. There it was, the fear, the fucking fear that always has a hold over me. But today, I said Fuck You Fear. I want to run without you following me everywhere. At first, I ran slowly, then as I gained speed, a beautiful feeling, something close to paradise got hold over me. I felt free! I felt liberated! I felt on top of the world! No pain in my leg, No thinking that I can’t run ever, No thinking of me as a handicapped. At that moment all that mattered was me running For The First Time In Three Years!

When I was lying bed ridden in my hospital, I drove my mom crazy saying “Maa, I want to walk! Maa, I want to walk!” When I started to walk in slow steps, holding a stick for support in my hand, I told my mother “Maa, I want to walk, walk and walk. I want to see the world without holding a stupid stick in my hand. I want to walk without feeling the never ending pain in my leg. I want to walk as normal people without having anything to worry about.” When I walked the first time without the stick in my hand, I told my mother “Maa, I will not feel normal until I run. I have to run. Running is me, a part of who I am. Until I run, I will never feel free.”

And today for the first time in three years, I was.

4 comments:

  1. You know Aishwarya, conquering our fears is one of the best feelings in the world. I'm yet to feel that emotion, but right now, I'm trying to face the fears. The strength and emancipation that one feels, it's something that I can merely imagine and strive for.

    Congratulations on overcoming this. Fly high, run to the horizon where your dreams come true :)
    Stay blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so proud of you. God bless xo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you...glad you did it...

    ReplyDelete