In Your Own Language!

Thursday 26 July 2012

Writing My First Blog Post Has Been Difficult!

I have been trying to write an article on racial discrimination since morning. But I am having trouble expressing myself. I have not written any article in the three months after my high school graduation. Hence, my skills became lax.
Every time I try to express myself, I feel dissatisfied with my work. This makes me frustrated and cranky. Sometimes, I feel like tearing my article. I have given the charge of editing to me brother who has great skills in writing. His comments about my writing were making me angry. He was laughing at my work and I felt hurt and humiliated. There were times when I wanted to quit but I could not as I feel like a loser. In time of such disappointments, I derive my inspiration from the movie, THE BEAUTIFUL MIND. There is a scene when John Nash, a victim of paranoid schizophrenia, thinks of giving up and going to the hospital for his further treatment. But his wife holds his hand and asks him to try again tomorrow. Therefore, whenever the thought of giving up comes to my mind, I tell myself to be strong like John Nash who fought against paranoid schizophrenia and became the father of modern economics.
I have not completed the post on racial discrimination today but I am definitely not giving up. I am going to try again tomorrow. As I believe that this is just a small obstacle on my way to a great post.

No comments:

Post a Comment